Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

I was given this older Apple iPad a while back and was looking into installing Linux on it. Options are limited, but it is possible to install a shell to the iPad and run command line stuff. 

SSH is always a bit of fun so I logged into my Linux Mint laptop remotely for a giggle. It was interesting running a few simple commands from the iPad.

My cheapo Bluetooth keyboard came in very useful although I discovered that the iPad's OS version predated mouse support so the trackpad didn't work.

Going a step further, I got my Raspberry Pi going again and was able to install VNC on the iPad and remotely control the Raspberry Pi's desktop. Could be useful!

I'm also looking at fitting a small heatsink and 5-volt fan (recovered from a broken laptop) to the Raspberry Pi and over clocking it to 1GHz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on the touch monitor

Skoda Rapid Heater Re-circulation Motor Repair