Another Acer C720 updated to GalliumOS

I was given another Acer C720 Chromebook recently and after taking the back off and removing the write-protect screw I flashed the firmware and installed GalliumOS as I did 2 years ago with the white one. Installation wasn't as slick as last time and I'm leaving the original 16Gb SSD in this one and using Google Drive for cloud storage. It seems to be working well so far. 

I gave away my old HP Pavilion G6 (laptop upgrade) to a guy starting an OU course now that I have this laptop as well as the updated Intel-based Dell for the workshop.

I also repaired this Aiwa Walkman for the lady who gave me the Acer C720. A bad synthetic drive belt was the problem, but this was fixed with a rubber belt cannibalized from an old answering machine. The synthetic belts rot away to a sticky goo that is a pain to clean off even with cellulose thinners.

This needs some Wham or Duran Duran! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on the touch monitor

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Six Inches - Big Enough