Another National 505!

A non-working one of these came up for under £20 (delivered) on eBay and I figured it would be good craic seeing if I could fix it and add a composite video input.

It's a slightly different model (on the right) with a toggle power switch instead of rotary, but apart from that looks identical.

I found a brilliant video on YouTube detailing how to add a composite video input to a 1977 Panasonic television which turned out to have a very similar circuit.

UPDATE (13/02/22) -

All that was needed to get this going again was to replace a fuse on the main board. The problem was that someone had soldered a replacement fuse into the holder at some point and it wasn't rated highly enough. I sorted out the holder and put a 1.6A fuse in and off it went. 

I removed the UHF module and battery wiring and started adding a composite video input to this one. Above is an initial test using a signal from my trusty (repaired!) DVD recorder, but some tweaking is still needed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on the touch monitor

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Six Inches - Big Enough