Dell 32-bit Revival

This is another Dell laptop I was given a while back. I really like the size of this one, but the hard drive had been removed for security purposes and turned out to be one of those unusual sub-2.5 inch ones that were on the go about 10 years ago. As luck would have it, someone else had given me a knackered iPod Classic which I happened to know used the same type of hard drive. The iPod was stripped and I ordered the little adapter cable (£5) to link the hard drive to the motherboard. Linux Mint XFCE is a good choice for a 32-bit system with 2Gb RAM and the laptop is revived. It won't win any sprints, but with patience it can even load a MS Teams spreadsheet on the Chromium browser. 

Dell Latitude D420

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on the touch monitor

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Six Inches - Big Enough