All Upgraded or Repaired


Putting all of it together, here is my recently upgraded HP Pavilion G6 laptop connected to the 39-inch ISIS television (see post here), both of which were given to me as broken items by kind people of Freegle. I bodged a backlight repair for the TV for nothing using scrap LEDs, which lasted over a year and when that failed I took a punt and bought a new set of backlight LED strips on eBay for about £15 rather than dump a good large-screen television. It is now working so well, I spent £4 on eBay and bought a remote for it as the original one was missing.



Fortnightly 'Virtual Pub' in lock-down with my friends from all over the world, we even had an old mate join us from Singapore even though it was 3 am there! The camera is my dashcam in USB camera mode (I haven't been driving much as I'm working 12-hour days from home instead). The laptop can cope with the big screen only in this set-up otherwise the GPU tends to overheat.



Oh, I needed a lamp as the workshop was a bit dark for a Zoom call, so I quickly threw together this spot-lamp, again all from old bits-and-pieces I have picked up over the years. The lamp itself was a sample that was in a flight case a guy gave me and as I didn't have the track system for it, I just wired a 13-amp cable into it. LED bulb was about £4 on AliExpress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on the touch monitor

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Six Inches - Big Enough