Earpiece upgrade

I bought this little earpiece a few months ago to listen to audio books on my mobile 'phone when I'm out walking. I don't like wearing a pair of earphones when I'm out at night, situational awareness is important to me!


The sounder is in the bulge and there is a rubber air tube up to the Secret Service style earpiece.

The earpiece wasn't very successful. The tube was too short and there wasn't much sound. A quick test showed the single sounder was only wired to one side of the stereo output. I took a salvaged 3.5mm stereo cable and soldered it directly to the plug on my earpiece, but with both left and right signals combined. A bit of heatshrink sleeving (greatest invention ever) and all sorted.


Now double the sound and a longer run to my 'phone. Listening to 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' at the minute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on the touch monitor

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Six Inches - Big Enough