Repaired Digital Camera

I forgot to photograph this repair while I was doing it and it was a fiddly one too. My wife gave me her old 8 MP Samsung digital camera, modern equivalent of an Instamatic really, but it has a decent zoom lens.

The problem was that two batteries had been left in it and contrary to popular belief even Duracell batteries will leak if left long enough (a couple of years). In this case one had corroded the positive spring contact which fell out. Probably some chemical electrolysis reason, but I only have a B at O-level, so not an expert.

After carefully dismantling the camera, I was able to solder a small spring to the base of the battery connection which thankfully was still intact (right-hand contact in the bottom photograph). Reassembled the camera and it's working a treat.

Just need a glamorous model now to make the repair worthwhile!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on the touch monitor

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Skoda Rapid Heater Re-circulation Motor Repair