Tablet arm


This was another find on Freegle/Freecycle, an interesting desktop arm. I think that it was designed to hold typing copy, but the business end was missing and there was just a plastic stump with 2 screw holes. The arm is clamped to the desk, swivels, pivots up and down at the end  and extends by about 150 mm.

Anyway, I  dug out a car tablet holder that I bought ages ago and never really used (see link) and a bit of drilling and a couple of countersunk self-tapping screws and we have this piece of science-fiction loveliness. This is a basic Android tablet set up and I now have it running a nice space travel simulation and it feels a little like Carl Sagan's 'Spacecraft of the Imagination' from 'Cosmos'. I think Neil deGrasse Tyson did something similar in the new version, but I haven't seen it yet.

As always, a couple of coats of satin black spray paint seem in order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple iPad SSH Connection to Linux Laptop

Update on the touch monitor

Skoda Rapid Heater Re-circulation Motor Repair